ark 20/20 -vs- Layla....which one??????

Blue Budda

Thanx for everyones support and input on soundcards and building a home studio...from all your advice....i have narrowed my first purchase down to either ark 20/20 or laya...(which i still cant find a price on, which could tip the scale!)...question is WHICH ONE????....what are the pro's and con's...(like i dont like all the connections on layla in the rear panel).....thanx agian for all your input and advice...it REALLY DID HELP!!!!!!!.....peace...Blue Budda

Nobody's had any complaints about AARKs that I've heard except a few folks that got DOA units and had them immediately replaced. I've heard a few complaints from Layla owners about hardware conflicts, but none about sound. As to the GadgetPro, I've heard mixed reviews. And it's not all that cheaper than the street price of the AARK.

geez dude, go to www.studiocat.com and order a gadgetlabs wave 8/24 from them for $575, i hate seeing people pay out the nose for stuff like layla, and the aark....
smile.gif

GadgetPro?
smile.gif

Mixed reviews? What are some of the bad things you've heard about the GadgetPro, Dragon? I want to be prepared.

The only problems i've heard of with the wave 8/24 is in combination with dual processor nt boxes. apparently the drivers sometimes have problems. And i've researched this thing over 5-6 different newsgroups, for months before it even shipped, and ever since. You're right, i've not heard many complaints about the aark, but $700 as opposed to $575... that's a couple more sm57's if you shop in the right places...
smile.gif

The worst flaw of the WAVE that I've noticed is the color...Aquamarine-ish Blue. That, and the manual reads like it was written by a bunch of dirty hippies. Other than that I'm pretty happy. If anyone wants to hear the results of my first session with the WAVE 8*24 and Cool Edit Pro, E-mail me and I can send you an MP3.
My E-mail:MOFOCULT@Compuserve.com.
<<WARNING!!! Sensitive persons might catch a word or two of the lyrics and be offended...I accept no financial responsibility. -S8-N>>

[This message has been edited by S8-N (edited 07-04-1999).]

Back