anyone got a cheap solution, to the BUZZ that goes away when you touch the strings?

underp

A long time has passed since a lot of people suggested about going from CRTs to LCDs, staying away, and turning them off while recording.

But after all this time, and so many reading... i haven't got a real solution to get rid of the buzz completely.

I'm still on the search for some cheap solutions, or some inexpensive equipment that could help on this.

If anyone has some updated TIPS, that would be great.

Thanks..

Peace.

underp said:
A long time has passed since a lot of people suggested about going from CRTs to LCDs, staying away, and turning them off while recording.

But after all this time, and so many reading... i haven't got a real solution to get rid of the buzz completely.

I'm still on the search for some cheap solutions, or some inexpensive equipment that could help on this.

If anyone has some updated TIPS, that would be great.

Thanks..

Peace.

make sure your guitar and amp are grounded well.

amps are grounded well i think.

But i can't say to every client that comes to my place :

"hey dude!, you have to shield your guitar before we can do any recording".

That's so unprofessional.

Is there any equipment where you can plug the guitar, and help to get rid of the hum?

Make yourself a "technical ground".
Though to have full implimentation you'd have to isolate your home's ground away from all outlets feeding your studio gear (and the guitar amp).
Just doing this will help lower your ground resistance, thought it won't isolate your home ground clicks and pops. Anyways, that's not your issue.

Use at very least #10ga wire leading into the house (few bucks).
And pound a 5/8" rod 1ft into the ground (few more bucks).

Then get a wrist ground strap. Only a couple bucks at any computer parts store. Have the guitarist wear the wrist strap, and clip the aligator clip to his 1/4" connector (along with the one from the technical ground).

If it is still doing it, he probably has really bad/missing ground in the guitar or in the amp.

Grand total cost, maybe $10-$20 if you don't already have most of this stuff.

Attachments

• technical_ground.JPG
    technical_ground.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 18
  • ground_wrist_strap.jpg
    ground_wrist_strap.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 13
Back