any stable p4's with win xp out there?

weatherbill

I'm running a gateway ordered (big mistake) PC with an AArk Q-10 and cakewalk and I'm getting serious srop out and glitching when recording just 2 tracks. I think it's the p4 elpasp 82845 chip set that they sent me in this damn motherboard that's giving me the problems.
Is there anyone out there recording good with a stable p4 on win xp???? What's your chip set in there????

It may be a driver problem. Just called aardvark. They "said" they should have a new beta driver today, but they don't. The tech guy said they're working real hard to get this thing out. One reason they claim is that customers aren't reporting their bugs to them so they can get a finalized driver complete. They are hoping that the new beta will be out next week.

I have the dp 2496 with a dell and had dropout problems, as well. I've uninstalled aardvark's beta driver and reinstalled and have no dropout problems, at least for 6 tracks. My dsp works about 25% of the time because of the driver issue, but everything else seems to work okay. Have you tried they're faq's on the website? That helped me out a bit.

Hope this helps. :)

Back