Any Reaper users out there?

I've gone through the Reaper manual a hundred times and I'm not getting true Stereo
recordings.My test method is playing the song on Led Zeppelin 2 "what is and what should
never be." About 3/4 through the song the music stops the guitar goes from left to right
channels back and forth a few times.Audacity clearly shows this but not Reaper.I have all
the settings checked for stereo (that I can find) I'll try the Reaper Forum next but wanted
to check here first.https://www.zamzar.com/download.php..._I_I&fileID=p1cu03831e56i1j6p1qaj1n535d86.jpg

Last edited:
Are you able to post a screen shot?

There could be any number of reasons, and a screen shot would help narrow the field

oK I'm working on thathttps://www.zamzar.com/download.php?uid=27d86c267a4410cf3281ecd4a936b3a-8636abf03d407a24&targetID=2W6cmbYLK6PeQg8I_YVC7YF_Zl9Ha9CEEp&fileID=p1cu0f9dl4eoeevd1udo1ka015gs4.jpg
there it is?

Last edited:
You've made 48 posts, you should be able to attach a screenshot directly to your post here. (the zamzar link is not working)

I got the link to work. Just had to get rid of the space between 'jp' and 'g'.

So I look at your screen shot, and I cannot see anything obvious that might make you lose the stereo image.

I replicated what you had . . . loaded up a stereo track and played it, and the stereo was there.

Looking at your wave form, I wonder about it. Top and bottom seem identical to me. Perhaps you have loaded up a mono track.

Have you tried with other source material?

OK,,,I got it.I now get Stereo Recordings,but with it, I get the ever annoying
Pops and Clicks.I have Media Buffer set way high at 4900.I don't know what else
to do.I've searched on the subject but haven't really found any answers.

Selected force stereo and something else but can't remember.But I am still getting POPS and CLICKS.Gotta
be A setting but I sure can't find it.
Is Reaper known for this?I'm gonna try 16bit and see if it still does it. I was recording at 24bit 48khz
Audacity records with no noise at 16bit 48.0khz

Have you checked your buffer settings?
Basically, any setting on the "audio interface" tab of preferences can cause pops and clicks on tracking or playback if set wrong.

Back