analog tape to mp3

ultrabob

can someone please tell me what i need to transfer stuff recorded on analog tape to mp3 format???? any help would be great ! thanks joe

Hope this doesn't come too late, but, depends on outputs of your deck and inputs on sound card some possiblities..
rca L R out of deck to L R rca to miniplug cable to miniplug line in on computer adjust the volume with start menu accesories multimedia volume levels

if you are balanced coming out of the tape machine and don't have balanced ins on the computer you'll need a very high quality line level transformer to bring it from +4dbv to -10dbu any wuestion keep em coming...

If it's not clear, after you do what SilentSound said about the hookups, just use any wav recording program to record the audio and save it as a wav file on the computer. Then use any MP3 creation utility to make the MP3. Lots of applications are available for download to do both those things. Search the BBS for specific names and what people recommend.

[This message has been edited by Jon X (edited 02-26-2000).]

I have an encoder i just got more of my band's stuff on mp3.com with it's called blade encoder it is very minimal and started out being made by one guy it has a site but i forget where if anyone wants/needs it i could send it only take a minute to download!!

Back