analog pa mixers

sparky123

okay ''' so nobody helped on the zoom r24 question .... if I buy a new pa mixer .. what's better? soundcraft fx16ii, Yamaha mgp 16x, behringer pmp 6000, or alesis s16 monitor and mains package

Best for what? You're comparing mixers with different numbers of XLR inputs and aux sends, one has power amps built in against three that don't, different quality levels etc. You'll have to define your requirements if you want to make a reasoned decision.

And probably not too smart to post the question in the 'digital recording and computers' section of these forums! :facepalm:

okay ... which forum should I be on??? kind of newbie here'''

Well, for a sound reinforcement question I probably wouldn't go to a home recording forum in the first place, but there is a lot of overlap and since you're here try The Rack forum. If you want to get serious go to the LAB Lounge on ProSoundWeb. There are some prickly characters on that forum but if you can handle getting smacked around a little for being a noob you will eventually get excellent information.

In general about the BRANDS you mention, but not the specific products...

Alesis is primarily a "pro-sumer" company at best, as is most Soundcraft in the budget range you are probably thinking. Behringer has a reputation of being close to junk, not just here but in general- some pro tech riders will say, literally in all caps- "NO BERHINGER BOARDS." Yamaha enjoys the best reputation of the four brands you mention, although they occasionally do goofy things- for example, one of the smaller self-contained PA systems (Stage Pass 300, as I recall) has a non-standard 6-ohm load.

And I just posted to your Zoom-24 thread...

best advice ive heard yet... was leaning towards the yamahas...soundcraft attracted me for the 100mm faders.thank you

Back