Advice needed - choosing hardware/software.

stars2

Hey,

I'm starting out with recording using my home computer. So far, based on reviews and research this is what I've decided to buy:

Yamaha MG102
M-AUDIO Audiophile 2496
Behringer VAMP2
Vegas 4 (Already own this)
Roland Cube 15 (Already own this)
ESP M50 (Already own this - I plan to buy a better guitar soon)

Since I'm new I don't want to invest alot at first. My main focus now is being able to get quality instrumental guitar recordings and to make quality cdr demos. I only care about recording guitar tracks alone at this time. No vocals etc. After I learn more my new goal will be to make demos good enough to pitch.

Which hardware/software do you suggest I use when I upgrade. I've been looking into getting Sonar 3, Pro-tools, and Reason. Also which of the Native Instruments software do you suggest? I also need suggestions for drum software (Anything but fruity loops I dislike it). My current computer is a monster and can handle any software etc.

I'd like to break everything down to each area (Such as Bass, Keyboards, Vocals, etc) and learn exactly what I need to achieve the best possible quality when recording. Once I learn the basics of it all I plan to purchase everything that I'll need. I'd like to keep my budget around $5000 maybe less. I'll also want a good acoustic guitar for doing acoustic ballads with vocals only.

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Back