Advice on audio interface needed

davefromfade

I am crossing over from the Boss BR-864 (which I absolutely love) in to the computer-based recording/sequencing world. I have an old (6 years) laptop that I will be using until I can afford a new one. Currently I am using Cubase to record MIDI tracks from my JV-1010 via an M-Audio 2x2 midi interface and the whole thing works fairly well. Occasionally I get some weird results with the 2x2 and am forced to exit the app., kill the USB device and reinitialize it. Very irritating. At any rate, I need to know which of the four audio interfaces I should buy:

- Tascam US-122
- Alesis IO2
- Edirol UA-25
- Behringer BCA2000

Are they all pretty much the same?

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I've found few reviews on the Alesis because it's so new, but it is supposed to be quite amazing. Should I be looking at M-Audio? I look forward to the posts. Thanks!

Last edited:
The tascam is very popular. Yes, I would recommend you look at m-audio to.

Why are you buying a new laptop? Wouldnt it be eaiser to upgrade the one you have?

And if you dont need mobility you should get a desktop. The soundcards work better with them.

I can only really speak on the Alesis because a friend of mine uses it. Even though he only does small recordings he says its great! Loves it, so i dont think you can go wrong with that one. If i was you i would try and stay away from the Behringer, although they have mixed reviews on here (mainly negative) They are very basic and the quality isnt as good as Alesis or Tascam. Hope that helps a little bit... :)

six years old?...desktops arent that expensive anymore (i saw a dell for 259 new at best buy)...you could pick one of those up..then you would have pci slots and you could get a card liike the delta 1010lt...im surprised cubase even works on that computer

if that laptop is even half decent right now, it must of cost your lifesavings when it first came out :eek:

Back