In the Absence of an e-Magic Forum, I post this Logic question in a soundcard forum.

pisces7378

THIS IS STILL FUCKING REDICULAS THAT THERE IS NO E-MAGIC FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anyway....

Does anyone know if it is possible and if so... how to do it... to record more than one track of audio at the same time using Logic Audio Platinum 4.8.1 and the Delta-66 OMNI Studio package. I have two microphone pre-amps on board, and I want to plug my Rode NTK valve condensor mic into Input 1, and put my Sure SM-58 into input 2, and be able to record my playing an acoustic guitar, on two seperate tracks at the same time, so that later I can adjust the mix between the room mic (condensor mic) and the close mic (SM-58). How do you enable 2 audio tracks at once? Or can you?

Thanks guys....

I am going right now to add a signiture to each of my posts and here is a preview.... I urge all Logic Audio fans, or even e-Magic users in gerneral to do the same)...

Mike.

THIS WEBSITE IS GREAT, BUT THERE IS SIMPLY NO EXCUSE THAT THERE ARE FORUMS FOR PRODUCTS THAT ARE SUBSTANDARD TO LOGIC AUDIO AND YET THERE IS NO E-MAGIC FORUM!!! COME ON DRAGON... DO US ALL A FAVOR!!!

I like to have my young teens visit this site but with your type of posts I have to wonder. Try acting out in front of a mirror...
I regress, sorry. Have you tried panning? I don't have your settup so I don't know if you can record 2 tracks simultaneously but let's you can't. Record a single stereo track, pan one mic left and one right. Then playback and re-record a 2 new mono tracks one using the left and the other the right. Then you could remix them to your liking. Doing this using tape would probably lose quality but with digital I think it's ok, anyone know?

Huh???

Your Young Teens...????

What about them? If you are refering to the language I used earlier, then I am sure that you know, unless you are in denial, that your little young teens could probably teach me and you a few words that we have never head.

As for your suggestion. Of course I could just record twice and pann. But I want an EXACT match with both mics. The ONLY way to do what I have edescribed is to either has a robot that can duplicate the EXACT movement of your arm playing guitar, or to record using two microphones on two seperate tracks.

Sorry about your teens,

Mike

hey, you have the logic manual right?, it will make it easier to understand this.

Go to the mix window, or your audio mixer whichever, right above the fader, you can choose your ins and outs. Select a different one for track two, that way you can click on record on both tracks and both will record at the same time.

yup yup. what cyan said. one of the most key and base tools of any audio recording software..heh...even cool edit pro will let ya record 64 tracks at a time (well..you'd need a heck of a comp...but, 8 is easy ;) )

Pisces,
Cyan is correct. In mixer use input chl. 1-2 for track one
and input 3-4 for track 2. Arm both tracks.

Im sure you have checked out the forum for logic on Sonik right ?
Pretty good forum for logic users.

LOL, LOL, LOL. Good one Stealth, ask that question on the sonik bbs, LOL.

You should be recording two mono channels, in which case it'd be input 1 for track one, input 2 for track 2(not to confuse, but it could just as well be input 4 for track 2, and input 6 for track 5- you can choose any input for any track). Or does it read "1-2" even when recording mono with a Delta 66? I have only ever used a 1010.

No, in mono it only reads input 1 and input 2 seperately. I think this thread has answered my question in fine style.

SEE HOW FUCKING AWESOME A COOL ASS Homerecording.com E-MAGIC FORUM WOULD BE!!?!?!?!?!?!???!

Thanks all,

Mike

Back