Aark 24/96 effects have stopped working

gamut1

Hi all, I have an Ark pro24/96 card. I've recently upgraded to Winxp. I updated the aark drivers to the new 7.0 version. Now when I try to use the reverb, eq or comp. on the Ark interface, nothing happens. When I try to turn up the reverb level, the total sound of the channel begins to fade. Has anyone else had this happen to them..?? Thanks for any help.

Join the club. I've called Aardvark a couple of times on this subject, and said it was an issue that they're "working on". But the problem still exists. I don't know what to tell you, but the effects should work about 50% of the time.

...so, I too, am interested if there are any solutions.

Well I did a lot of playing with my setup yesterday... I found that the effects would work when I changed the sample rate to 32K... everything was ok .. but whenever I'd go back to 44.1K... or any other sample rate in the Aark interface... the effects would stop again... I hope they can come up with a patch for this soon...

Those effects suck so bad anyway. If they could could get some good onboard effects, thier cards would be the shit.

In the past even using the reverb for input monitoring was difficult to swallow.

-Jett

hrm.. i'm going to buy the 24/96 in a couple of weeks. So, this is quite a disconcerting little post. It seems that the drivers for the aard cards work, they just need a helluvalota 'conditioning.' My main query is two about the two first posts. Are you guys both running Xp ? Despite all the good things people say about winxp for audio, i'm not too sure i like it all that much. Xp is by far the best o/s, but, it seems to have some really strange driver/latency issues.

All the majorly happy users of the aark cards have said they use 98se. That's not EVERYONE, but from what i've read. The aard users using xp usually complain about a problem and post a little later saying 'i tweaked this and that and now it works.' In most cases they were refering to the o.s.

So, try it on another o.s maybe.

what are the results ?

Cheers,
Rory.

I have a Direct pro 24/96 running with aardvrak's latest drivers (v7 I think) with no problems under win2k.
The only problems i had were with media player (wich seems to be fixed with a patch recently released) and midi under SX. It doesn't bother me however, because SX is still pretty new. Aardvark has recognized and repliacted the problem and they told me they are working on a fix now.
The effects are working for me, altough I don't use them much.

I think most of the problems with PC's and these kinds of soundcards are due to hardware/software choices and configuraiton. For example, I've noticed that many peeps that have had problems with aardvark's have these pc's with raids and whatelse hanging. If you do your research, pick good reliable hardware, install properly and from scratch (format and all) and keep it simple from there, my best bet is that It'll work. Hell I'm even using a mobo with a via kt133a chipset, wich are known bad for DAW's.

I agree totally with you about winXP. Been there, its a nice OS, but its fully bloated with stuff I won't ever use, plus a crappy CPU-hog interface. It was like, when you sense the feeling that its a great OS, but so inmature yet. And yes, it seems picky in the driver department. I went back to win2k SP2 and I'm happy again.

OOOH! More Aardvark 24/96 users.

Hey! I've FOUND YOU!!! I've had a smooth ride with mine and use Windows ME...blah blah, no biggie. I recently had to disconnect everything and move, and reconnected everything at the new crib. Ever since the reconnect. My in/out 3,4 on the aardvark does NOT FUNCTION! I have 1,2, but no 3,4....anyone know what could cause the issue. Doesn't matter what i plug up to it...no signal...NONE! But 1,2 work fine. I use it with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, i didn't change any of the global settings or whatever when i moved , and i labeled and diagramed all of my cords so i could set it all up the same. I dunno what's going on. It happened when i first got it and i remember getting really frustrated and smashing a whole lotta keys, turning the computer off, then back on and it worked...but unfortunately it didn't work the last time i threw a temper tantrum. Any suggestions???

Well the temper tantrums never worked for me either... but they feel good... LOL... have you tried actually reinstalling all the drivers.??? And are you up to date with the latest drivers... I did get a reply from Aardvark after writing them... telling me that the effects was a "known issue"...and they would be posting a fix for it soon.... we shall see.

Have you checked to see if the drivers for 3,4 are enabled?

In Sonar anyways (I believe PA9 is the same), go to the options menu, select audio, and then the drivers tab. That gives you a list of possible inputs and outputs. If three and four aren't selected, you've got an easy fix.

If they aren't there at all... try the wave profiler. I don't remember exactly where this is buried, you can search for it in the help menu.

Hope this helps.

-Jett

Been There...Done That....arrrrgghh...now what?

OK. Check it out. I did it. It really sucks. I don't know what's up. And it doesn't matter WHAT i plug up, the synth, the bass, the guitar, the mic. nO GO!!! Although i am curious about new drivers. Anyone have any luck with Aardvark online technical support??? Lemme know if y'all have any ideas. I'm wondering if maybe it got knocked about in the move and that's the issue, but things like that are usually cheaper to repurchase than fix right? right? I dunno. HELLLP!!! Recording really sucks with what i have. HELP!!!

Hmmm....

You should definetly call their tech support. It may be something simple. Plus if you've bought within a year, any problems with the Aark unit are probably under warranty. I could be a minor inexpensive fix, that won't cost much otherwise.

-Jett

Back