8 kHz static noise in my audio recordings

I don't know but if different mics and cables don't eliminate the noise, it has to be something else. If you've used the same interface on 2 different computers and still had the noise, the interface and it's interconnects are the next place to look.

Yes, I understand.
But it won't be easy to test this, because I have only one audio interface...
Thanks for help

Yes, I understand.
But it won't be easy to test this, because I have only one audio interface...
Thanks for help

Take your laptop to a completely different location, not just another room in your house, to see if the noise follows you. If it does, it isn't interference from without but a failure in your interface.

There are two antennas about 1 kilometer (0,6 mile) from my flat.
Do you think it could be this?
I already have a wireless mouse but my keyboard is wired.
And, what do you mean by "I redid the system's speakers"?
Thanks for help.

I got rid of the computer speakers, added a pair of JBL 305s, and fashioned the cables using sheilded wire (basically cut a mic cable in half and changed the XLR connector on one end.)

BTW, looking at the frequency spectrum of your noise, there were some peaks around 1000, and then it looks like you have a pair of noise peaks at 8K and 16k which are very similar, like one is a second harmonic of the first. I'm not sure what it could be. 8k would have to be the fundamental, as there is nothing at 4kHz.

Attachments

• Audio Parasite 2.png
    Audio Parasite 2.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 6
Since it seem this could be RF getting in via the microphone try wrapping it* in extra thick chicken foil taking care that foil grounds via the XLR body. Also check with a meter that pin 1 of the XLR connects to the shell. This used to be contentious but now the practice is to bond shells to pin 1.

*Of course, this renders the mic useless but. 'Just testing'!

Dave.

Back