4x4 Audio Interface (for Mac)

I’m still using my old Saffire 26 (FireWire) so can only suggest going with the common names and read reviews.

There’s a lot more to pick from in the USB market and you’ll likely find the best deals there. Me, I hope to move to a new Mini this year and will give the Focusrite Thunderbolt ones a long look because I like keeping external drives and interface on different busses. Cost would probably be the only reason I don’t go there.

Thanks for the precious comment!
So dudes, Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD worth/still worthy?

I've been playing with a UMC404HD for the past few weeks. It's solid for the price. Good preamps, the pads on each input are a great feature, it has inserts on all 4 input channels, has a choice of XLR or TRS main outputs, independent headphone and monitor volume, and an adjustable mix between direct monitoring and software monitoring. So far it has passed all of the tests for recording bass, guitar, drums, vocals and hand percussion with ample headroom and gain and acceptable latency. That's about all I can ask of a $150 interface, and it doesn't disappoint.

The signal routing for the playback outputs are kind of misleading, though. Playback outputs 1 & 2 are permanently tied to the main outputs. So even though it appears to have 6 outputs (hey, there are 6 output jacks on the back!), the model name holds true and it just has 4 discrete outputs.

it's not perfect, but compared to other $150 interfaces, the sound quality holds up and it adds enough extra features over its competitors that I'd put it into consideration if I were shopping in that price range.

Back