1 screen, 2 screen, 3 screen 4?

How many screens hooked up to your pc.

• Total voters

boomtap

I have moved up to a two screen system thanks to my new dual head video card I picked up for $20.00. I was pretty proud of myself until I went over to my friends house, and he has 3 screens. Now I am jealous.

the only way i see the need for three screens is if you regularly go between 3 windows in your recording program.
for example, i'm always running the edit window and the mix window....so it's nice to have them side by side for easy access. That's why I have two monitors. The only reason I'd add a third one is when I'm editing to picture and have the movie window open. That way it won't be in the way of what i'm doing.

come to think of it....i want one now!
now i'm jealous of your friend
;) :p

He does lots of video, so he has on screen as his preview, one screen with all his tracks, and a third screen with faders and effects. It is pretty cool actually. For Audio I don't think I need it, but it looks sweet!

i actually just have a CRT and a sony trinatron TV

i do alot of video editing so it is beneficial to have one hooked up so you can adjust for brightness and placement

tvs are so differant from computer monitors

Whats the use of mutiple screens? Can you actulaly run two programs on two different screen? I have one screen.

I am going to get a third, so I have lots of flatscreens, then I can watch football on three screens and feel like I am at a sports book.

Having two screens is a must for audio editing. I was thinking of doing the same thing. I would have the editor open on one screen and the audio card software open on the other one. But, I think a third might be nice for all the other little windows I have open, like reverb, delay, EQ, etc. I have a dual monitor agp card and also, sitting here is a dual pci card, both are 128 meg cards. Hmmmmm, can I hook up four displays? I know, it's overkill. Two sounds just right.

I don't really know how to get 3 displays up using a PC. I know that you can do it on a mac, but I am not sure about a pc?

boomtap said:
I don't really know how to get 3 displays up using a PC. I know that you can do it on a mac, but I am not sure about a pc?

No problem. XP supports 4 easily, and the Matrox P750 is a triple head video card.

-RD

I have two 21" (viewable) flat screen CRT monitors. I have a lead GT6600 video card. I can also add a component or svideo screen to it. But I dont have anymore room on my desk or should I say table. my screens take up a lot of space.

Can you use a AGP and a PCI card together? I only have 1 agp slot, and a single dual head card. So can I add a dual head PCI card and get 4 screens in XP?

I made a sincere effort to only have one screen between my two computers, but it turns out that 20 year old Amiga monitors aren't fully compatible with modern PCs.

Nick The Man said:
i actually just have a CRT and a sony trinatron TV

i do alot of video editing so it is beneficial to have one hooked up so you can adjust for brightness and placement

tvs are so differant from computer monitors

I agree, I use two CRTs and a little 15" tv through s-video to preview on....it works pretty good.

I just figured out how to use 2 monitors on my laptop and lemme tell you, it just made my day :D It's great that have so much room to work with now. Having the n-Track mixer on the second screen clears up so much room. I LOVE IT!

boomtap said:
I have moved up to a two screen system thanks to my new dual head video card I picked up for $20.00. I was pretty proud of myself until I went over to my friends house, and he has 3 screens. Now I am jealous.
and when you get 3, he will get 4.

I use one screen, but I change my resolution to twice as wide and twice as high. This allows me to have the mixer and the edit windows open along with plenty of room to check plugins. You basically just move your mouse to the edge of your screen to pan around. This works great for me since I'm on a laptop and don't have an extra monitor to spare. I'm using a nVidia 6800 which allows you to add higher resolutions. I haven't really wanted another monitor once I found this feature.

Back