yamaha MT4X

ace1979

Ok so i have decided to go back to 4-track cassette just to get back to what i started on...have used cakewalk, digital hardisk, etc...i just like the simplicity of cassette 4-track , and the pirmitive sound/functions. Anyhoo just i just got ahold of a yamaha MT4X and recorded some stuff the other night..but i can't really hear it on play back....levels were recorded fine..but trying to listen to playback on headphones and its really really soft..even if faders are all up. ANy ideas...does it have to do with the groups? for the buses? Any suggestions would be great!! thanks!

yeah and if anybody can explain from start to finish how i would use the group buttons, adn the monitoring section that woudl help a lot
thanks

You could try downloading this. It's the MT4X manual (note: it's in Adobe Acrobat format)

Otherwise, see that button marked "Cue"? And those four knobs next to it marked "Cue Level"?...

Make sure the head is spotlessly clean,...

& then check your settings. Could be easy, like that.;)

Thanx for the link to the manual, Mark7!;)

also the machine has 2 aux channels/loops what would be a good cheap (on a limited grad student budget) either two channel effects unit or maybe an effects unit and a compressor (although it would have to be simple to operate becuase i have no experience with a compressor) so that i could totally record and mix it all on the MT4X and then just dump it onto the computer to burn a cd. I really hate trying to mix and add effects and stuff on cakewalk..i much prefer being able to put my hands on the knobs (not a mouse) and play with the effects, eq, mix, etc.. more...any suggestions, also does a unit that combines effects and a compressor exsist?

Back