Wwwwwwwooooooowwwwwwww...!

lo.fi, you're the one who is focusing on cassette duping right? Cassette only productions? Correct me if I'm wrong. I know Bobby Darko is cassette only with his 688-anchored studio...anyway, I thought of you cassette guys when I saw this. that is a serious machine. I mainly put up the thread because I'd never seen one. That is as professional as it gets and clearly not for the weak-at-heart cassette purist, but man if there was somebody out there that had the funds and already had a duping operation that was up and running and had demand for greater output that thing could be a real saver. Yikes. Looks like it belongs in a sci-fi movie..."don't worry captain, I'm just going to connect these to your nipples...It'll all be over soon..."

lo.fi, you're the one who is focusing on cassette duping right? Cassette only productions? Correct me if I'm wrong. I know Bobby Darko is cassette only with his 688-anchored studio...anyway, I thought of you cassette guys when I saw this. that is a serious machine. I mainly put up the thread because I'd never seen one. That is as professional as it gets and clearly not for the weak-at-heart cassette purist, but man if there was somebody out there that had the funds and already had a duping operation that was up and running and had demand for greater output that thing could be a real saver. Yikes. Looks like it belongs in a sci-fi movie..."don't worry captain, I'm just going to connect these to your nipples...It'll all be over soon..."

I started out recording on a cassette field recorder, and I intended to use cassette as a distribution method. BUT, I have since had two duplicators go bad on me (the last was a Tascam T-3000... I might actually have a chance to salvage it; I'll post something here later) and I've almost given up on it.

It is very, very tempting, actually, to pick this up, even at this price, because it would solve all of the audio quality issues that are inherent in using consumer-grade cassette duplicators. However, I don't know if I really want to dedicate $1,200 to cassette duplication. It could become a community resource among DIY audio enthusiasts in my area, which has an appeal, but I just don't know.

That, and I'm not really sure if I trust the seller's ability to pack this thing well enough. It's got all kinds of sensitive, small parts that could easily come out of adjustment in shipping. It may be worth it to find something like this locally... I'm sure there's a few machines like this taking up space somewhere in the Bay Area.

But, man oh man, that is quite a machine! Thanks for the awesome link!!

I searched for "magnefax" on Google and found this: Magnefax 7800. It's a similar machine, and the page has a picture of the machine "in use" (presumably).

Little else turned up in my search. JRF apparently services and sells heads for Magnefax duplicators. Neat!

Yeah...okay...right...you have to have a source for pancakes of bulk cassette tape. Wow. Kuhrazy...

Hi Everyone,

Resurrecting a vintage thread here, but not as vintage as the Magnefax tape duplicator in discussion here. Reason why I'm hollering, is that I happen to have one of these for sale.... so if anyone is interested, shoot me a message! Cheers

6000136E-1AB7-4661-9D63-435BEFEE2FEE.jpeg518E3CD1-76AA-467B-9FE4-BE17A2C26639.jpegA2532D7E-2D28-42F6-842C-2DE90C513CD6.jpeg0CD18A52-9CA7-440F-ABF6-9653FE335A25.jpegC2FAF0BB-0652-4D50-A597-7D6DB47B9889.jpeg

Back