Whats a Tascam TSR-8 worth? Late 2019

poopchute

I am considering selling my baby. I have thought about this for a while now. Im gonna sell my TSR-8... eventually.
So I actually have no idea what a fully functional TSR-8 is worth.
Its got a brand new record head with maybe 5-7 hours of use maximum. Bought at JFR Magnetics.
It has the full manual and Remote controller.
Also I have the demag unit that comes with it...
And lastly it has a MRL Calibration tape I bought maybe 5-6 years ago.
So assuming its all in working order and "tight"... Whats my basic price range???

You have the RC-88 remote?

So, fully functional and calibrated? What's the cosmetic condition on a 1 out of 10 scale?

I see them going for $600-$800, but that's typically for just the machine only, no accessories. If its in good cosmetic shape with the whole newer cal tape/remote/manual/demag tool, and you have paperwork on the new head from JRF, if it was mine I'd probably put it out on eBay, craigslist and Reverb for $1,600 and see what happens...consider offers. I did see one with the RC-88 remote sell for $1,500 on eBay but the market is so funny on these things. You can sell a halftrack for more than a multitrack because the crowd of people that knows what to do with a multitrack continues to dwindle, but the interest in the mastering machines drives the market for those up. So, I'm no expert, I'm not any kind of professional evaluator, but if I had that package and I was going to sell it that's the sticker I think I would put on it, and see what happens.

ive bought my first tsr-8 in 2016, in great shape with remote, good original play/rec head and a very nice Tascam M2600 24 channel mixer for $500, ive been watching ebay, reverb, googling craigslist nationally looking for tsr-8's going cheap for some reason in the last 6-8 months the price on listings has doubled, not sure if people are actually paying their asking price but the listing price has shot up recently, as for what id pay for yours, Id give 750.... curious how is that head from JFR magnetics? are you happy with it? ive got 2 machines I bought on the cheap that need new play/rec head and im seriously thinking of buying from them

Easy-out ... The head from JFR seems fine. What Im saying is that I have barely used it and even then it was only messing around. Nothing serious. I do have everything "the extras" I mentioned and also I have the receipt and piece of paperwork they give you for the new head at JFR.

Hey poopchute, easy-out here, yeah sounds like you have a nice set up, that test tape is good to have.. I've been looking to get one someday soon, I was asking about JFR only because I got 2 tsr8 's I bought real cheap that I'm going to need to replace the play/rec head if I want them to be functional instead of parts machines

Back