Whats the difference between generations of the Toft ATB series mixers?

Joyo

Hello, I’m m looking to purchase a Toft ATB 08 mixer on reverb but it comes without the meterbridge however I’vr found a seperate meterbridge on sale on ebay. How would I be able to know that they will work together considering there were a few different generations of the model.

Also, if anyone has an opinion/experience/knowledge of the mixer I would love to know as I’ve not had a chance to try one.

Thanks,
Jo

I own an ATB 24 in a hybrid setup. When researching several years ago, I recall there were some differences between the generations but can't remember what they were. I do not have the meter bridge.

There is a lot of flexibility with the routing on the ATB. However, the inline monitor and master channel are very noisy. There are mods out there to increase the headroom for the master but I have not done the mod.

I use individual direct channel outs and some groups for submixes. IMO, the best part is the channel EQ, which I use often.

Hi thanks for your reply. I’ve just purchased a 08 and it should arrive soon. I have heard that the master track can be noisy but if I’m keen on the sound after a couple of months I think I’m going to take it in for a service and possibly get that mod installed. Thanks, Jo

Back