Wet play for loss of lubricant

I thought it was really inventive. At first I thought the IV bag next to the Studer was just a joke. I like how they are still using a mic stand to hold the IV bag though.

At first, I thought this post was a perverted joke of some kind:rolleyes:

Now that I realized it's legit, I'm completely confuzed.

First of all, isn't Isoprophyl alcohol designed to clean tape heads? and.........REMOVE tape oxide........and isn't that exactly what this guy's trying to avoid?

And if the tape was suffering from sticky shed, wouldn't the oxide just stick to the adjacent backing and peel off before it even reached the head?

And even if it didn't peel off, and if it's just a mild case of sticky shed.............what gives? Why alcohol?

At first, I thought this post was a perverted joke of some kind:rolleyes:

Now that I realized it's legit, I'm completely confuzed.

First of all, isn't Isoprophyl alcohol designed to clean tape heads? and.........REMOVE tape oxide........and isn't that exactly what this guy's trying to avoid?

And if the tape was suffering from sticky shed, wouldn't the oxide just stick to the adjacent backing and peel off before it even reached the head?

And even if it didn't peel off, and if it's just a mild case of sticky shed.............what gives? Why alcohol?

All your questions are answered in the article. For a start it's not talking about sticky shed (SSS) with but loss of lubricant (LOL), two different things.

Tim

Back