Warning on this Recorder

Can it make that swooshie sound I hear on so many professional recordings?

Does it cook breakfast?

LET"S JAM!

I was wondering what was up with that one. The back is different. Did you notice the handle that was installed in the side? :eek:

The handle is there so you can swing the tape deck 'round and 'round over your head, to get a really cool stereo phaser/EQ sweep effect. I saw George Martin at a train station once and he told me about this trick over a cup of coffee.

True story!

The handle is there so you can swing the tape deck 'round and 'round over your head, to get a really cool stereo phaser/EQ sweep effect. I saw George Martin at a train station once and he told me about this trick over a cup of coffee.

True story!

Man, what did you guys put in your coffee? That trick is done by swinging a mic over your head, not the whole tape recorder. :D

I always thought that you built a big rig and spun the whole studio around the mic. I'm working on one right now...........

Beck...Talldog...you're both wrong...ya gotta keep it simple. You put the recorder in the middle of the room and get the assistant engineer to run around and around the deck with the mic while you take in a cold one...if he gets whiny you let him use a cordless.

How exactly is it modded and how do you know this?

Well first of all I have owned 5 22-4,s The back panel is not a stock 22-4 it has a bunch of weird inputs and outputs. It has a couple of connectors in the back that are mutiple cable connectors and the 22-4 never came with a 3 prong electrical input for the AC. And it never came with a weird microphone input on the back. Also the dbx input output, and the control input is gone.
Oh and the remote input is gone

Can it make that swooshie sound I hear on so many professional recordings?

Does it cook breakfast?

LET"S JAM!

I am ready brother Mike just name the day and time.

Oh and I did get tickets to the big show on march 20th:D ( $70.00 for the spectors?) a little humor there

Last edited:
Back