VU meter bulbs on my M308-B need changing.

snipeguy

Andy Goldsworthy Wannabe
The answer to my question is probably here somwhere but I couldn't find it with a search.

Three bulbs are gone on my Tascam M308-B desk (and my 3440 as well, now that I think of it) and was wondering if anyone knew how to change them. I can't stand looking at the dark VUs anymore!!

What bulb do I need? Are they soldered in?

Ghost? Beck? Dave?

I recall opening up a 308B a few years back, after it was damaged during shipping and I'll tell you that it's generally a nightmare to change bulbs on this thing. It'd require substantial disassembly. Same for the 3440. I'd just leave it alone if I were you and save yourself the headache.:(

I recall opening up a 308B a few years back, after it was damaged during shipping and I'll tell you that it's generally a nightmare to change bulbs on this thing. It'd require substantial disassembly. Same for the 3440. I'd just leave it alone if I were you and save yourself the headache.:(
I had a funny feeling this was the case. Oh well, I've used it for years as is and I'm fine with that. Thanks for the input.

Cjacek is right, It's a royal pain. They are soldered and generally require quite a bit of disassembly to get to. I remember replacing some on a 512 mixer I had as well as a cassette deck some years ago. Good Luck ! Dave

Back