Voltage conversion for M80?

tmusic101

I just bought an M80 off ebay that's setup for UK 220 volt operation with the round blade plug. Anybody converted one like this for use on standard US 110 voltage?

Any ideas?

Thanks

I just bought an M80 off ebay that's setup for UK 220 volt operation with the round blade plug. Anybody converted one like this for use on standard US 110 voltage?

Model 80 by Fostex, right? No sweat, all you'll need is a voltage converter, rated for continuous use:

http://www.voltageconverters.com/voltage_converters.html

Make certain you get one which is at least 2x what you need and preferably 3x. Your Fostex is rated 55 Watts so I would get, just to be safe, a 200 Watt version:

http://www.voltageconverters.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VC200W

The converter above can accommodate your type of plug.

-----

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thars a Euro plug UK & Ireland have the 3 square pins / square plug & 240V.

get thee to a tech.... often it's just a matter of moving some jumpers on the tranny...

Actually, I'm a former tech myself. Got away from it though when smd became the order of the day.

If the tranny is labeled, it'll be a no brainer but if not, & with no service manual or schematic it would be a guessing game.

I can't imagine that there would be ANY difference beyond the primary winding. Seems to me the secondary windings are probably the same.

I was hoping someone maybe had experienced this particular mod first hand.

Thanks for all the replies.

double check me before doing anything but if ya open it what you'll probably find on the primary side of thr tranny is 4 connectors... the outside 2 have the power cord attached (with the switch et al..) and the center 2 are jumpered together... if so... then if ya remove the jumperand then wire the 2 sections in paralell ya should have it... ie connections 1-3 are one side and 2-4 are the other... is that right??? i may need more coffee... or is that backwards??? if ya try it unhook the power supply from the unit till ya get a chance to power up and check the voltages at the regulators...

Thanks for the heads up dementedchord. I'll take a look at that possibility when I get the machine. It's suppose to arrive tomorrow. If the tranny has empty/jumpered connections I'm pretty confident that a rewire of the primary will be all that's needed to put it on 110.

Thanks
Tony

Back