Vestax MR66

inner_light

Hello all!
First post on this great site.
I have a Vestax MR66 (six track cassette recorder!). The machine was so great (when it worked) and I used the hell out of it. I took it to Just Audio here in Baltimore and they told me that it has a shot pinch roller. They cant find a suitable replacement. :confused:

I have looked and searched and looked again all ove the internet for a suitable replacement to no avail.
Has anyone got any tips or happens to be sitting on a suitable part? I will pay!
Thanks and any tips are massively appreciated.
Christian

Christian, welcome!

If it were me I’d be reaching out to Terry Witt at Terry’s Rubber Rollers to see if he can rebuild it. He can rebuild the pinch rollers on some models of cassette machines and not others. It depends on the roller hub type/size, but if he can do it that’s who you want to have do it. His work is as good or better than stock and he stands behind his service. He’s been doing it a long time and is talented and respected. Here’s his website and you can reach him through the info posted there:

Terry's Rubber Pinch Rollers & Wheels

Best wishes on your issue. Post back with the results of your inquiry to Terry so future readers know if Terry is a source for pinch roller service on the MR66.

Back