Vesta Fire MR-10 tape Recorder Power Supply

Joner Jones

Hello, I've had this Vesta Fire MR-10 for a while now:
4track.jpg
but after getting it out recently I've notices it's missing it's power supply. After some research I've found out that Vesta Fire has turned into 'Vestax', and that their power supplies should work, but they are rather expensive for a poor student such as myself, could anyone recommend a cheaper alternative that would work?

The only thing I have to go by is 'DC 12V-15V' on the top of the unit next to the power plug. underneath this is this symbol:
220px-Centre-negative.svg.png

Thanks!

Do you have the manual? And is the power jack round with a pin in the middle?

If you have the manual it may state in there what the current draw is which will dictate the amperage rating of the power supply needed. Those are the two factors you need to match up...the voltage and amperage ratings aside from finding a plug that fits.

Radio Shack used to sell a DC power supply that came with several plug tips, and switch selectable amperage rating. I'll have to see if I can find it...I don't think it was that expensive. You could bring te unit down to your local Rat Shack and see if one of the plug tips fits. I believe it was 12V, so that will work. If it was me I'd be trying to find something in 15V flavor though for the added headroom, but this is a fairly minimal consideration.

Yeah the plug is round with a pin in the middle, unfortunately I don't have the manual and I'm in the UK so Radioshack is a bit of a journey! But that would be great if you could find a link to that power adapter for me, I could definitely find a UK equivalent, I just don't know where to start looking at the moment.

Also, could anyone recommend an approximate selling price for this recorder? I'm looking to sell some things at the end of this month and this particular recorder is proving quite hard to find information on around the internet.

Yeah the plug is round with a pin in the middle, unfortunately I don't have the manual and I'm in the UK so Radioshack is a bit of a journey! But that would be great if you could find a link to that power adapter for me, I could definitely find a UK equivalent, I just don't know where to start looking at the moment.

Also, could anyone recommend an approximate selling price for this recorder? I'm looking to sell some things at the end of this month and this particular recorder is proving quite hard to find information on around the internet.

I have the power supply and the Vesta Fire MR-10 recorder. I'll sell you both for $15 plus shipping. That way you have the power supply and an extra unit for parts. Obviously I dont want a unit without the powersupply;)

PM me if interested

I have the power supply and the Vesta Fire MR-10 recorder. I'll sell you both for $15 plus shipping. That way you have the power supply and an extra unit for parts. Obviously I dont want a unit without the powersupply;)

PM me if interested

Also, I bought mine for $50 in mint condition with the power supply and manual. It's not the greatest in regards to it's build though. Cheap plastic transport and noisy as hell. The only people I see showing an interest in these machines are curious new comers to cassette tape recording and experimental musicians.

I had exactly the same problem.
The original power supply was a real pain anyway!
Imagine a laptop power supply, but with the transformer bit about 3 times larger..a real heavy beast!
I can only think I chucked mine out accidentally, but God knows how.
Anyway, your answer (in the UK) could be Maplins - that's where I got mine.
A 15V power supply...mine's made by "Leader Electronics Inc", with a model number of 48150100-B2.
Don't think you really need all that info : just head into Maplins and ask for a 15v power supply!

Back