Turntables

elly-d

Hi, is there anyone here with a good knowledge of turntables? I have dusted down my dads old Sony PS-T22 and bought a new stylus for it but I suspect the old cartridges and stylus's are inferior to todays? What makes/models combinations of cartridge and stylus would you recommend?

Cheers.

Reactions: apl
Thanks, that seems like a good choice after looking at reviews. Thanks for introducing me, I think I will order one.

isopropyl for cleaning vinyl?

I bought a cheap set for vinyl care, and the liquid leaves a residue which clogs the needle. would iso be safe or would it melt it?

Whatever you do dont go buy a head/needle from Guitar Center. They have some cheap a$$ DJ stylus's and they SUCK....Honestly Ive found turntables from25-30 years ago that sound better and pickup less rumble...

isopropyl for cleaning vinyl?

I bought a cheap set for vinyl care, and the liquid leaves a residue which clogs the needle. would iso be safe or would it melt it?

Do not use straight isopropyl. There are quite a few home-made solution recipes available on the net. Most are something like 10% isopropyl, 90% distilled water, and 1 drop of a surfactant (wetting agent)--I use All Clear laundry detergant.

I would suggest looking up some recipes. I don't want to be responsible if you're not happy.

Weird, checked out that link and I must have gotten old stock brush AND cleaner. The brush I got looks identical to the two old ones I have, and the small bottles of cleaner are also identical. Maybe I just have the luck of the Irish?

AK

Back