from TSCM 424/Korg D888/back to 424

clevodrummer

Tascammer
ok

i scored a korg D888 about 10 months ago and did some recording and its a great piece of affordable gear. My 424 sat on the shelf. I was looking at it and pulled it out, set it all up and oh my god........the difference of FUN and the difference between the sound between these two is a world apart.

the korg sounds like I recorded something.

the 424 is a damn human being inside the most beautiful blue hue of plastic ever made.

just handling tapes again and thinking while they rewind is so much a part of the FUN in recording.

I hooked up my M-35 mixer to it and was in that room for 10 hours.

the 424 is a damn human being inside the most beautiful blue hue of plastic ever made.

just handling tapes again and thinking while they rewind is so much a part of the FUN in recording.

Mine is gray.:D mkII is gray and the mkIII is blue right? What is the original 424? Just a curious question.;)

mkIII

MKIII is beautiful powder blue and the original 424 is grey.
Im almost positive. Dave the Reel Person would know for sure. But I think Im right..

MKIII is beautiful powder blue and the original 424 is grey.
Im almost positive. Dave the Reel Person would know for sure. But I think Im right..

I wouldn't mind adding a mkIII to my pair of mkII units, but I'm not a fan of external power supplies. Just what I need, yet another large lump of plastic for me to try not to trip over.:p

Yeah.

Blip!..................:eek:;)
The 424mkIII...!!! Love 'em! Got 'em! I have one handy, right here! Had to tinker with it there!

I like the 424mkII & mkIII. I have the 424mkIII currently most accessible for casual practice and demo sessions. Rewind time never bothered me.

Mating the M35 as f/e to the 424 is a great idea and boost to utility,... and is a weighty choice! I mean worthy!!..................:eek:;)

Last edited:
I've got 2 424 mkII units which have only seen a little bit of duty doing field recordings or for a podcast session. Most of what I have been tinkering with has been run into my DP-02CF, as well as my DAW (Sonar). Now that I've actually started to learn how to play on the guitar and bass (VERY basic stuff), I'm itching to try to put a little something down on the 424 to see how to do it (bouncing, outboard effects, etc.). After I get a stupid simple tune down, I can work on mixing it down to the 122b.:D

Back