Tried to Contact ATR About Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beck

the cool one said:
...Funny site though. Those links don't seem to work. Have to keep my old Fostex 80 eating a healthy diet. :p

Yeah it is funny... I tried to email ATR from the website.

http://www.atrtape.com

I got both an automated reply from a private email that the party was out and to call a cell phone (no number was given), and a day later I got a delivery failure notice with a very convoluted report of where the email tried to go… some addresses from both @atrservices.com and @nothingsoundsliketape.com, along with a couple others.

So I called the toll-free number and some guy answered that sounded like Dog The Bounty Hunter’s son Leland... He seemed no have no idea how critical one’s web presence is as the face of the company…totally clueless.

Is this unprofessionalism just the status quo now? Is it me? Am I just too old-school? Somebody shoot me! :p

Attachments

• dogs-leland.jpg
    dogs-leland.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 47
He does seem moody at times...

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 44
Beck said:
Yeah it is funny... I tried to email ATR from the website.

http://www.atrtape.com

I got both an automated reply from a private email that the party was out and to call a cell phone (no number was given), and a day later I got a delivery failure notice with a very convoluted report of where the email tried to go… some addresses from both @atrservices.com and @nothingsoundsliketape.com, along with a couple others.

So I called the toll-free number and some guy answered that sounded like Dog The Bounty Hunter’s son Leland... He seemed no have no idea how critical one’s web presence is as the face of the company…totally clueless.

Is this unprofessionalism just the status quo now? Is it me? Am I just too old-school? Somebody shoot me! :p

ATR has been talking about tape being available for almost 1 year. We are still waiting.

Being a young person, perhaps I've never really seen, nor experienced "profesionalism." Instead, it appears to me as a conservative, idealized notion of the past, which may or may not have actually existed.

But, I realize there is an enormous, untapped market for just about any company in any field to act professionally. Even semi-professionally would be welcomed these days.

-MD

MCI2424 said:
ATR has been talking about tape being available for almost 1 year. We are still waiting.

Even worse... two years and at that time they claimed it had been in the works since 2004. :confused:

tele forever

themaddog said:
Being a young person, perhaps I've never really seen, nor experienced "profesionalism." Instead, it appears to me as a conservative, idealized notion of the past, which may or may not have actually existed.

But, I realize there is an enormous, untapped market for just about any company in any field to act professionally. Even semi-professionally would be welcomed these days.

-MD

I work as a ski host at Timberline Lodge Ski Area. It is a non paid job (Well I get lift tickets!).

The owner takes hosting very seriously. He sees the hosts as his personal representative to each and every client. We meet and greet everyone on and off the slopes and in general have a good time making 'your' time at Timberline special.

What the point is is that the owner actually lives what he says. He really does care on a personal level that you are happy when skiing at timberline. So customer service is alive here and there.

-E

They've definately been taking their sweet time. I wish they would come out and say YAY or NAY as to if they're even going to launch this product or not. They've been dangling the meat over our heads for quite some time, and it's kind of pissing me off.

Yeah, I don't mind the wait as much as the secretiveness. The analog tape crowd is a we're-all-in-this-together sort of effort. We should be updated regularly and a website with a bunch of dead links doesn't really inspire confidence.

The index page is a web version of a stage set... nothing really behind those facades. ;)

Some industry insiders might be privy to what's going on over there, but they’re not the one's deciding whether it's time to dump our analog gear. (I'm not thinking that either but I know a lot of people are).

I've got a new slogan for them though.

ATR Magnetics... "Tape Sounds Like Nothing"

Attachments

• fffff.jpg
    fffff.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back