Transporting a Tascam 38?

Deaaaath

Hi all,
I need to bring my Tascam 38 to my friend's house for mixing down. He lives about 45 minutes away, and I want to take all precautions-- should I take any safety measures in preparing for this brief move? Should it be ok just sitting in the back seat?

It will be fine as long as it doesn't fall. Make sure to secure it so that it doesn't tilt over. Otherwise the soft seat and the car's shock absorbers will make the ride easy for the 38. :)

Bad story. I was taking my 38 to be serviced about 140 miles away in my van and some !!!!!! puled out in front of me and the reel went from the back of the van flipped like three times and landed up against the back of the passenger seat. It was OK but I will never do that again. I will put it in the original box and strap it down. I guess I should even put in the middle seat so it can't go as far. What a bad day that was. Be very careful.

I litterally GASPED in horror when I read that! LOL I'm glad it was ok. I don't have anything nice like that, but I know how nice they ARE so . . . whew!

Dangerous or deadly?

An unsecured weight like that flying in an accident could strike a person and put their lights out!

Whenever I moved my 38, I found a secure way to strap it in the seat with the seatbelt. It didn't seem complicated to do that.:eek:;)

Back