tottaly lost about tape machines

Nick The Man

wow ive heard many things about these and how good they make things sound really if anyone could explain what these do and how they work i would like to know.. really anything about them ...im open to learn about them

Nick The Man said:
wow ive heard many things about these and how good they make things sound really if anyone could explain what these do and how they work i would like to know.. really anything about them ...im open to learn about them

Your best bet is to do a web search and also look into past "Analog Only" posts to get at least a nice foundation of knowledge on the subject. Then, when you have something more specific in mind, by all means ask away and someone on here will be more than pleased to help. Your question is too far reaching to get a proper reply. It's like asking a mechanic how a car works "from A to Z", if you know what I mean ? ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Daniel :)

Snappy Answers to Snappy Questions Dept.

if anyone could explain what these do and how they work i would like to know..
What they do is record sound on a moving ferric oxide, magnetic tape that makes a magnetic image of the sound waves you have asked it to and on playback, the magnetic image is transformed back into sound waves that can be played through standard analog speakers which in turn can be interpreted by your analog ear drums that sends analog pulse waves to your brain. :eek:

The faster and wider the tape, the more detailed a picture it can capture of your sound waves and the better the sound will be.

It's all very natural when it comes right down to it! :)

Honest. ;)

Cheers! :)

Back