Test equipment......which meter?

@altruistica: I think the key is an analog meter and a very high input impedance. I'd prefer the BNC jack like the 3400.

@mdainsd: where did you send for cal and how much was it? I have a 400H that may need it.

Well the seller wouldn't accept an offer of £45....he wanted £75 so I left it......about $125....

What do you guys reckon to a Fluke? Seem to be quite a few Fluke 116, 115, 114 coming up on Ebayhere.
Al

Well the seller wouldn't accept an offer of £45....he wanted £75 so I left it......about $125....

What do you guys reckon to a Fluke? Seem to be quite a few Fluke 116, 115, 114 coming up on Ebayhere.
Al

I have an assortment of vintage test gear. I have a lot of HP tube sets that I refer to as the "Apollo Collection". I have a Fluke 8060A that I use the most. It was state of the art back in the 1980's and is still very accurate. Used Fluke 8060A RMS multimeter | eBay

I have an assortment of vintage test gear. I have a lot of HP tube sets that I refer to as the "Apollo Collection". I have a Fluke 8060A that I use the most. It was state of the art back in the 1980's and is still very accurate. Used Fluke 8060A RMS multimeter | eBay

I have a Fluke 83 DMM and that has a flat frequency response to way past 20kHz but sadly many digital meters do not... EVEN! Those called "true" rms!

I guess they would explain this by saying that rms is only needed at power line frequencies and a few harmonics above it? Well, maybe so but not much use for audio noise measurement or power bandwidth on amps!

I have not come across that analogue scaled HP? Looks loverly! I have a Levell TM3B Microvoltmeter which is very useful and a matching Levell oscillator.

I will say again...I have another TM3B here which is FREE! to anyone in UK who will stand the postage. Needs a little attention. Smashing meter scale tho'but!
PM me.

Dave.

Back