technics rs-1500 in a rack?

I've seen photos of mx-5050(s) racked.
I Don't recall seeing a 5050 as 1/2" two track though :confused: (????), so no clue here :o . Any link or info??? If the "body" is the same, then it does not matter.
The same idea, you need to get "special" rack ears for it or make up something custom, hot&heavy drilling may apply :D.

the MX-5050 transport IS rackmountable - the difference in the 1/2" version is just the heads, though I have never seen a 1/2" version either. Give Otari a call they can tellyou for sure.

AK

The body of the Otari looks exactly the same as the 8 track 1/2" that lays flat. I hate how the model #'s go with the Otaris- I never know which machine is which until seeing a picture.

After seeing it from the back and sides, I don't think it's rack mountable at all, unless it were to lay flat on a shelf.

I've attached a pic of the machine.

Attachments

• otari2track.jpg
    otari2track.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 61
first of all a question:
Where did you get the idea that it's 1/2"?
(My vision gets weak, also, so ...you know. Sometimes I see things that are not and other times I don't see thins that are. :mad::o:mad: )
also I may be completely wrong, but it maybe "reconfigurable" with some effort to this - see here. Again, I may be wrong.

I see - in that configuration it won't rack mount. Otari has too many different combinations as you say. If you got the ears (or simply made them) youi could pull teh sides off like in the pic Dr. Zee linked.

AK

So I just confirmed that it is actually 1/4". I guess I stupidly assumed 1/2". Either way....

I don't know if it's gonna be worth all the hassle of trying to get the thing to fit in a rack, though I am using a full depth server rack with a 4-point mounted shelf. It's just that the shelf is high up in the rack and I'd have to stand on a step stool everytime I needed to change reels, check the VU's etc..... Seems like a bit too much.

Back