Teac Model 3 .... is it worth it

PoorBoyRecordings

Hi everyone. I found a Teac Model 3 mixer on eBay and they are asking $795 for it, but I asked him what the bottom dollar he would take for it and he said $450, and also not sure if it works or not. It looks great, like brand new condition, but even $450 sounds a little high for a Model 3. Anyone ? :confused:

Attachments

• Teac Model 3_a.jpg
    Teac Model 3_a.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Teac Model 3_b.jpg
    Teac Model 3_b.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,562
Last edited:
Thx Dr ZEE ... you sound like me :) Also thx for the link to the mixer, think I will get that one. All I am wanting is another mixer to mic the drums. I wonder if the one you showed me actually works ... most of the jumpers are missing.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I found a Teac Model 3 mixer on eBay and they are asking $795 for it, but I asked him what the bottom dollar he would take for it and he said $450, and also not sure if it works or not. It looks great, like brand new condition, but even $450 sounds a little high for a Model 3. Anyone ? :confused:

It's a nice little board but only worth around $150.00 tops - in perfect condition. I'm talking market not usability.

Yeah I kinda figured that. I have a Model 5B and just wanted this mixer to mic the drums. Thanks for your input.

The stock Tascam boards from that era, including the Model 3, aren't so swift when it comes to high transient information. IMHO, a Mackie would sound better.

I agree, $150 would be top dollar for that.

It's a clean one, though!..........:eek:;)

The Model 3/Model 5 are too old school for me. I'd go with the M30/M35, minimum,... literally the next-gen of the 3 & 5 boards, and I'd be thoroughly satisfied.:eek:;)

It's a clean one, though!..........:eek:;)

The Model 3/Model 5 are too old school for me. I'd go with the M30/M35, minimum,... literally the next-gen of the 3 & 5 boards, and I'd be thoroughly satisfied.:eek:;)

If I could find an M30 or M35 I would love have one or the other but haven't had any luck yet :( So, guess I will have to do with the Model 5 and the Model 3 for now. I mean, I need something I can at least understand how to operate a little since I am still learning :)

Don't do it!!

Be patient and keep looking. I bought my M-30 for $80. I found it on Craigslist.

That's an outrageous amount to pay for that mixer when you can buy something MUCH more capable for less than $100.

Stay local. Ebay prices are always unrealistic on used analog gear. You're paying for the hype more than you're paying for function.

My $0.02, but I really hope you take heed. You'll save yourself hundreds of dollars and much frustration!

i got my M-30 for $75 locally.
I see Model 3's going for under $100 all the time on my craigslist.

I want to add: Do yourself a favor and search on Craigslist, every day, for "Tascam". You'll likely find a mixer soon, and you might find some other goodies too.

a 60 second search on my local craigs turned up a 24 channel tascam mixer for $100 and a couple of 16 channel ones for $400.
Also a 388 for $450 and a 788 in the original box unused for $350.
Wish i wasn't broke.

Thanks a million everyone. I'll have to check out Craigslist to see what I can find. I just don't want something so complicated I can't understand it or what everything does :rolleyes: :D I mean, I am getting old, and that old saying you can teach an old dog new tricks, doesn't work with me :)

Well you will have to make SOME effort to get going, but not much.
Unless you are nodding in a corner with a drool bib on, you can do it.

Did I miss something?
If you want the mixer, I assume you have a deck, then?

Well you will have to make SOME effort to get going, but not much.
Unless you are nodding in a corner with a drool bib on, you can do it.

Did I miss something?
If you want the mixer, I assume you have a deck, then?

LOL. Yes I have a deck. Using a Teac A-3340S. Would like to get a 3440 but since I am only recording for myself, will stay with the ol' 3340 as it does the job for me. ;)

FWIW: cjacek scanned the Tascam M-30 manual and posted it online somewhere. There's a link to it in this forum.

The M-30 is pretty simple and easy to use... don't worry about getting in over your head.

Hey, just thought I'd add another note: You might want to put a "Want To Buy" ad on craigslist. Someone closer to you might have what you want.

Or, in my case, I posted a "WTB" ad for a Tascam 34b. Some dude in Cleveland responded and he shipped the deck out to me in Oakland, California. I was maybe a little too trusting, but I *did* receive the deck in great condition.

Back