Teac DX-8 dBx box uses

nitrous

I have a Teac DX-8 dBx unit to use with my 80-8 deck.

¿ Can this DX-8 be used with my A-3440 deck?
¿ Can the DX-8 be used with a 22-4 deck or even a X-10R deck?

When you use it with your 80-8, do you need to plug in the round multi-pin "Remote" cable on the back of the DBX unit to make it work with that deck? If not, then you should be able to use it with the other decks you mentioned.

Cheers! :)

DX-8 box uses

Nuts! Yes, the remote cable needs to be attached to the 80-8. Oh well, thought I could get by with just the DX-8 for all my decks.

Without the remote cable connected, the dx-8 is either stuck in record or playback mode. I don't remember which. Should you find another unit, you can switch that one to the other mode. I don't know the mod but I know it exists because an engineer down in LA had such a rig.

Without the remote cable connected, the dx-8 is either stuck in record or playback mode. I don't remember which. Should you find another unit, you can switch that one to the other mode. I don't know the mod but I know it exists because an engineer down in LA had such a rig.
I figured as much. Of course, I'm not gonna mess w/this particular DX-8. I assume finding another DX-8 is difficult nowadays. I don't see them offered up for sale ever.

Back