Teac 860 Esoteric Series Cassette Recorder

Marconiex

Just in! My Latest Toy! "NEW OLD STOCK"
The sound quality is "SUPERB" to say the least!

TEAC Stereo Cassette Deck
MSRP $1750
1976 - 1977

WANTED:
Schematics Manual, Parts List Manual and the Service Manual in either .pdf or hard copies. I already have the Owner's Manual.

teac860esotericseriescassetterecorder-_zpsfccc031b.jpg

3_zpsd993b9e0.jpg

2_zps5ca19537.jpg

4_zps1032971a.jpg

5_zps5a309460.jpg

7_zpsc468e436.jpg

Now I have the 860 and it's portable counterpart, the Teac PC-10 Esoteric Portable Cassette Deck 77'-78'

pc-10-_zps0ea7bd40.jpg

21_zps24266a4e.jpg

Captur_zps33d41bcd.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! $685 is a pretty high price for a deck that came with so many caveats by the seller, claiming it might need repairs and that all sales were final.

Glad it turned out to be in working condition! :)

Cheers! :)

Wow! $685 is a pretty high price for a deck that came with so many caveats by the seller, claiming it might need repairs and that all sales were final.

Glad it turned out to be in working condition! :)

I did have to get inside it though to clean the pots cos they were a little stiff plus I replaced the two counter belts cos they were permanently frozen in an oblong shape from not ever being used.

Last edited:
Maybe you'd care to take some fresh images of yours that I could add to that thread?

Yeah.. I'd like to do just that but first I need to get myself a real camera. Right now all that I have is my Boo Berry 9900 cell phone. I'll see if I can work it out for next month.

Last edited:
!!!

That really is an incredible set of cassette decks! "Esoteric" really describes it best. They really don't make stuff like they used to!

:spank::eek:;)

Correia e manual de serviço do Teac 860

Please need the Teac 860 fabric belt and service manual, could anyone help me?

Back