Teac 40-4/DX4

calco

Hello Everyone- I have a Teac 40-4 with the DX 4 unit. I want to add a mixer for earphones and mic. I have all of the patch cords and main cable hooked up, where does the mixer go in the hookup wiring? Stupid question but I do not have any info on the DX-4 for hookup and my 40-4 manual does not have any info either on hookup for a external mixer. I appreciate the help in advance.

You connect the mixer as you normally would to the 40-4 inputs and outputs without the DX-4. The control cable from the DX-4 to the 40-4 not only carries audio signals to/from th DX-4, but control signals as well to control the encode/decode state of the DX-4. Does that help at all?

Hi Sweetbeats-I am using #1 and #3 on the mixer of the DX-4 for in/out. I have nothing on the #2 and #4 of the mixer at this time.Do all of the patch cords stay in place. Where will I connect the cords going to the outboard mixer?

Mixer of the DX-4? I'm not sure I understand. I think maybe we need a picture of the connections on the back of your 40-4/DX-4.

What mixer are you using?

Back