Teac A-3440 capstan belt swings on motor pulley (and sometimes runs off)

Hi,

Somebody brought a faulty Teac A-3440 to me. I had to rebuild the power supply board and fix the capstan servo motor board as well.
The guy put a new belt but I have no idea where it comes from.
However, I think it's not appropriate as it always swings on the motor pulley when the motor starts spining. Either it goes back to the center quickly and everything spins ok, or it runs off the pulley.

I'd like to find a good source for another belt. I once tried a well known supplier I won't want to name here, but they wanted a steepy $35 to ship overseas some small cassette deck belts when other sellers typically ship them for maximum half of this amount.

Who else can provide a good belt for this Teac ? Anybody on the bay for example ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dave,
I bought one a few years ago from Chase Hyde &Co. Hope they are still going, been in the electronic spares game decades.

I regularly post stuff over to my son on the coast in Etretat and although RMail has become extortionate since they were privatized, something that weighs next FA should not cost more than a couple of quid AIR mail!

PM me if they want a fortune to send one too you and maybe we can work something out?

Nope, Chas H have gone but..Belts and Tyres – Tascam Ninja. Try those and if they want a fortune to ship to gay Pareee let me know and as I said, we can work something out I am sure.

Dave.

I just determine the size needed and then order that one from Consolidated Electronics. The size I think is 14.5" as I recall and I have never had a belt that swings around. Of course I work with the right materials. I could send one to you but even first class postage is like $15 and I do not control that. The belt is only $4.50 from Consolidated. I do send part all over the World for the Tascam gears.

Thanks for your hints.
I bought a belt from yomusic on the bay (from Bulgaria).
Works great, didn't even have to adjust tape speed.

Back