Teac 3340 problems

My Name

Hi,

I Recently got hold of a Teac 3340 4-track but the problem is that the pinch roller will not lift. After firther investigation I have discovered that the solenoid is not reacting when it should. I figure the solenoid is knacked but I'm not sure yet as I have not had a chance to swop it out yet. Thing is, what can go wrong with it? There doesn't seem to be much to go wrong with them. Is it more likely to be something more serious. The lifter for the pinch roller was very stiff but I have loobed it up a bit so it moves more freely but solenoid stull won't budge.

Any ideas??

Thanks

My Name said:
I Recently got hold of a Teac 3340 4-track but the problem is that the pinch roller will not lift. After firther investigation I have discovered that the solenoid is not reacting when it should. I figure the solenoid is knacked but I'm not sure yet as I have not had a chance to swop it out yet.
A commonly reported problem with Teacs is that the rubber washer on the solenoid turns to goo and gets inside it. Apparently this requires dismantling the solenoid and cleaning it out.

Hmm... the bar in the solenoid comes out freely, maybe it isn't supposed to do that :o but there doesn't seem to be anything restricting it's movement

Thamks for the reply

Back