TEAC 144 output issue

adamvelvetu

I recently got a teac 144 and now run into an issue outputting a stereo signal to my computer. if i'm outputting through the rca's to my speaker's there's no issue...however, to import it i plug it in through a lexicon omega. it won't come through in stereo. i've also tried going out from the headphone jack with a stereo cable into a stereo port and still nothing.

do i need something between the omega and the teac? thanks for any help!

You shouldn't need anything. The problem has to be with the Lexicon Omega configuration. Sorry I don't know much about the Omega. From the 144 side it's a simple matter of Left and Right RCA Line-outs to the 1/4" line-ins of the Omega... Line 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 on the Omega… it shouldn't matter which. I see there are stereo/mono buttons in between the two sets of line inputs on the Omega. Ya got those set to stereo, right? Then you have to assign separate tracks for each input in Cubase LE (or whatever software you’re using).

Don't feed the 144's headphone output into the line inputs of the Omega or anything else. :eek:

You shouldn't need anything. The problem has to be with the Lexicon Omega configuration. Sorry I don't know much about the Omega. From the 144 side it's a simple matter of Left and Right RCA Line-outs to the 1/4" line-ins of the Omega... Line 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 on the Omega… it shouldn't matter which. I see there are stereo/mono buttons in between the two sets of line inputs on the Omega. Ya got those set to stereo, right? Then you have to assign separate tracks for each input in Cubase LE (or whatever software you’re using).

Don't feed the 144's headphone output into the line inputs of the Omega or anything else. :eek:

Thanks...that makes the most sense. It didn't seem like i'd need anything extra. I do have the stereo knobs pressed...i'll try recording through the spdif's using another source. the other inputs do work fine...i'll just have to do some more fiddling.

Just in case anyone is having similar issues, I contacted Lexicon and apparently the S/PDIF only takes a digital signal clocked at 44.1 or 48khz so it looks like I'll need to get a little converter box to sync between the two

Back