TDK High Bias TypeII cassette tapes

Illsidgus

Desiccated Member
Today I went with my wife to our local Habitat for Humanity Resupply store. She had household items on her mind, my mind was a pleasant blank. I realize that this is an insignificant find but for me, to whom this never happens, it was epic. I saw lying on a table an unopened two pack of 110 minute TDK High Bias TypeII cassette tapes. The amazing part of this find is that the two pack only cost me 27 cents. Now I can feed my TASCAM 244.

Nice! That would never happen to me either until the last couple weeks where I've run into two different score of old tape at thrift stores (and I look a lot).

On a side note, be careful with the longer length tape as it's thinner and prone to stretch and tear with a lot of FF and RW. Now that I've killed yr high...

They'll sound great regardless. The 244 loves TDK's.

I would have preferred shorter tapes but at $0.27 I can't complain. Now if I walked into the Re-Store and found a compensating euphonium for $0.27, you would hear me whooping and hollering clear over there in NYC.

Haha! I bet. Maxell announced that they're out of the tape business in the US so all the type 1 UR that's on the shelves not will be it. I will miss seeing cassettes in stores. On the other hand, National Audio Company is going to be putting out their own formula type II very soon, and I've heard it's going to be killer and affordable.

Hopefully the cassettes produced by the National Audio Company will be affordable and in a variety of lengths.

Back