Tascam TSR8 rack ear drawing

jamesthegold

Hi,
I have looked in Europe for a long time but I have never seen a pair of rack ears for my Tascam TSR8 for sale!
I could make them myself if I had the sizes or a drawing
Can anybody help?
Regards

Hi Tape Wolf,

yes thats what i will probably do! can you remember the angle iron size you used? the length of the angle iron and the holes I can sort out! Thanks for the reply !

Regards

Hi Tape Wolf,
yes thats what i will probably do! can you remember the angle iron size you used? the length of the angle iron and the holes I can sort out! Thanks for the reply !
Regards

I think this was 2006, so so I'm not sure, but I think the ears I used were intended for a Soundcraft Spirit. I do remember getting the new holes slightly wrong and having to whittle them into shape. If I did it again I'd probably use a piece of paper held up to the deck and poke holes in it to get the positions more exact.

Hi, I've got some tsr-8 rack ears.. I'll send some measurements if you want, but you can measure the machine itself, that plastic piece that has 3 screws that go on both sides of the machine has the same measurements as the rack ears, as the rack ears screw into the same holes and are the same height (exact height of the machine) and once you get the machine side holes drilled into your homemade ears, attach them to machine, put cart/stand level so you lay machine on to and its laying flat with reels facing the ceiling, then get underneath and mark holes for stand/cart side of the ears, but if you want measurements I can send them.. oh and not sure if there still up but last week someone had some on ebay for 75 bucks

Ok I've got the measurements, hope there accurate enough.. for the machine side of the ears if your machine has those two plastic pieces that screw on both sides of machine, you can use those holes to stencil the machine side of the ears

Machine side. .... 15.75 inches X 1.5 inches

1st hole is 1/4 inch in diameter between 2.25" and 2.50" inches from the bottom

2nd hole is between 7.75" and 8 inches from the bottom

3rd hole is slightly under 13.25 and 13.5 inches from the bottom
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cart side..... 15.75 inches X 1 inch

1st hole 1.5 inches from bottom
2nd hole. 5.5 inches from bottom
3rd hole 10.25 inches from bottom
4th hole. 14.5 inches from bottom

Hope this helps, by the way are you John in Greece?

Hello. I have 2 Tascam TSR-8 machines. one with racks and other without. anybody have an extra pair for sell?. let me know ASAP please. I really need those!!

Attachments

• TASCAM TSR-8 (EAR RACKS MEASURED).jpg
    TASCAM TSR-8 (EAR RACKS MEASURED).jpg
    985 KB · Views: 2
  • TASCAM TSR-8 (EAR RACKS SOLO).jpg
    TASCAM TSR-8 (EAR RACKS SOLO).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back