tascam rack stand

FALKEN

I got one on ebay,

I want to load my fostex E-22 into it (if possible)

the E-22 has a meter bridge attached. The meter bridge has panels that attach to the side of the machine and hold the meter bridge about 4" away from the top of the machine, to be easily visible when the machine is laying down.

doing measurements, it looks like it wont fit with the meter bridge, unless I were to remove one of the horizontal bars on the tascam stand.

Does this make sense?

Can you remove one of the horizontal bars and still maintain structural integrity? It seems like if the machine were screwed in place, it would take the place of the bar.

Just want to be sure.

I think your logic is good. Also, still , it kind of may seem like a freaky idea ..heh heh :D
I have a small light racks stand, which is nothing more that two "angled" L-shape "sides" and they are "connected" with only one flanged panel (on the bottom/back. And originally the "tops" were connected by the rod. So I am using that thing now for " rack-eared" TEAC a-3340s (which is a heavy thing), so I removed that top-rod (the machine is actually higher than the rack) and there are also couple of 1-U units under the deck there. So the whole structure is "built" of L-racks and units themselves "holding" it all in one piece :) .

here's photo:

Attachments

• teac_a3340_rack_stand.jpg
    teac_a3340_rack_stand.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 35
Back