Tascam PSU Question

Short answer, no.

Not so short answer: bear in mind this is based on the M-2600mkII...couldn’t find PSU pinout for the mkI version, but I think it is safe to say no. The power supply connectors at both the PSU and the console are different on the M-3500...different pin count, different connector type, different pinout. Even if you were persistent enough to make the custom cable to mate the two, then you’d have to deal with the fact the power supply for the M-2600 produces a number of voltages not consistent with what the M-3500 needs and vice versa. Lastly even if you were persistent enough to try and modify the power rails to match what the M-3500 needs, I suspect the PS-2600 series power supply has a smaller capacity main transformer. It may still be able to provide the current demanded by the M-3500, because Teac did a reasonable job of over-engineering their console power supplies...not insanely over-engineered, but designed with some excess capacity...but it would be like taking a truck designed to tow a certain load, hitching up that load, and then swapping the motor out for a smaller and less powerful motor. Maybe it could do it, but it would run out of steam sooner than at should and would potentially fail sooner than it should. You’d have to do a detailed assessment of the active devices in an M-3500 and then load test the PS-2600 to see if it could do it to know for sure...I think I calculated the M-3500 maximum theoretical current demand at some point...but, again, that’s all AFTER you deal with the custom umbilical and incompatible power rails.

I paid 1200 to "GRS Systems" and never got anything or even a response for a refund. Not going to do biz with any other blokes

Back