Tascam MSR-16 service.... Anyone???

pwalters3

Hello all,

I caught a bug 35 days ago to revisit a career I had 30 years ago when I packed everything up and moved to L.A. got a job at Paramount Recording on Santa Monica Blvd. They had this little 16 track studio on Hollywood Blvd called The Annex. I spent years there and it was a ball. But life choices sent me elsewhere until a moth ago. I have been building a studio and I want to record 16 track, I found a mint MSR-16 but it's been mothballed for a decade or more (Husband passed) Now, without spending more than i paid for the deck in shipping how can I get it looked at by a pro. I am near Chicago so this should not be hard but I have no clue. Anyone point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. 20190107_225530.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm. Well, I'll be damned.
It's been working just fine as is.

It may be floating slightly but the cap will keep it in place, if I get a chance I'll see if I can find the exploded view of how it goes together. Circlips are usually available from industrial parts suppliers, you just need to diameter of the inside of the groove and the width of the groove. The special tool to put them on are called circlip pliers.

Circlip info

Alan.

I think that Skywaveb guy is in or near Chicago. He posts at tapeheads.net a lot. ] Tape Decks and other equipment repair – Skywave Tape Deck Repair [/COLOR]

I have one of these. I had to buy a new pinch roller (it's likely turned to goo) from Terry's Rubber Pinch Rollers & Wheels you also need a special tool called a circlip plier to get the thing off (and don't lose the retaining clip.) Also bought a cal tape from JRF Magnetics and a nylon screwdriver.

The clip you are talking about is on the counter roller-between the pinch roller and the right tension arm assy.

Thanks, i found this gentlemen on TapeHeads and spoke with him. Also, upon inspection the deck had a service tag on it from a place Northwest burbs of Chicago. Acutrak Solutions. Still in business was able to get the details of the original service and they will tune it up for me. Still building the studio I forgot so much and it is coming back slowly but hope to start using this bad boy next month!

Back