Tascam m520 & teac 85-16

Im about 80% of the way in on tracking my first album on this setup. Its a good test for the equipment and a great learning experience for me.

Iv ran into another issue and i may as well post here about it instead of starting a new thread.

Heres the problem: one of the last tracking days the 85-16 stopped syncing track 3 in REPRO mode. If i playback the recording in SYNC mode, all the tracks are picked up with the record head and are perfectly aligned, however when i playback in REPRO mode, all tracks get picked up from the playback head EXCEPT track 3, which is still being picked up by the record head. Im guessing, ill have to take the unit apart and check all the wiring and card connections.

If you have any idea on where to start please let me know,

Best Regards.

Im about 80% of the way in on tracking my first album on this setup. Its a good test for the equipment and a great learning experience for me.

Iv ran into another issue and i may as well post here about it instead of starting a new thread.

Heres the problem: one of the last tracking days the 85-16 stopped syncing track 3 in REPRO mode. If i playback the recording in SYNC mode, all the tracks are picked up with the record head and are perfectly aligned, however when i playback in REPRO mode, all tracks get picked up from the playback head EXCEPT track 3, which is still being picked up by the record head. Im guessing, ill have to take the unit apart and check all the wiring and card connections.

If you have any idea on where to start please let me know,

Best Regards.

Although this isn't supposed to happen, it's a minor annoyance. From the 80-8 forward, the sync heads on all TASCAM multitrack machines have the same playback response as the repro heads. The manuals even state that after alignment, all work should be done off the sync heads. I advise that you finish your project and then get into why your repro head is acting odd.

Last edited:
Back