Tascam M30 phono input but no EQ

Mulderman

Dear reader,
Over the years I collected some vintage equipment to create a listening room for my vintage vinyl collection and perhaps some live dub-mixing. The latest addition is a Tascam M30. I connected my restored Garrard 4HF recordpayer to the phono-in then from phono-out to submix-in and from submix-out to the amplifier (yamaha p2100). The result is music from the loudspeakers. But neither the submit-section nor the EQ-section reacts on turning the knobs. Only the Submix-master works but that's just for changing the volume. So basically I can't change bass/treble. Did I overlook something or do I need to connect other channels. The manual is not very helpful.
Thanx and kind regards from the Netherlands
Patrick

Hi,

You have to connect the output from the phono sections to the line inputs on the main channel strips, So to use one stereo record player you have to use two channels, (for example, channel 1 for left & channel 2 for right). That way you can use the EQ controls, the phono amps just have RIAA EQ. If connected to the submix-in you don't get any level or EQ control.

If you don't have the full manual for the M-30, you can download a copy from my website here; File Store

That is consistent with the practice for 99% of inegrated hi fi amplifiers.

REC out is invariably post RIAA correction but pre volume and tone control.

Dave.

Back