Tascam M-35 Input Channel Strip

rickb

reelin' thru the years
Ok, input channel strip #3 functions for all except line input, no response on the VU meters when sending line input. This also seems to be affecting the tape input on the submix section. Have swapped this channel strip to anther channel and vice/versa, so the strip is good. Played aropund a little with the strip by raising/lowering/tilting and putting a slight twist on the strip while still engaged with the strip connector and I could get the input to sporadically show on the VU meters. So it seems the line input strip "wiper" is not making contact with the quick connector at the channel strip head the way it should.

Does anybody know which "wiper" on the strip head and quick connect is related to the line input?? The "wipers" are labeled A, B, C, D, E, F, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, and R (R is not used). My guess it's one of A through E or so. Has anybody adjusted (bent) the brushes on the quick connect?? Is there a way to send a signal throug line in and read a voltage. I can take stuff apart and put back together but not much with a voltmeter, etc.

Thanks if you can help...and still looking for an M-35 and M-35EX user/service manual.

rickb

Back