Tascam M-308

lo.fi.love

Functionally obsessed.
There's one near me, on Craigslist, for $150.

Is this enough of a step up from the M-30 to make it worth my while?

Thoughts? Feelings? Love and support? Maybe you should hold my wallet so I stop buying this stuff? :)

Tough question...

I'd find out first what condition it is in and whether or not it is a 308 or a 308B.

$150 is a good price for a healthy 308B. I paid $50 for a trashed 308B.

A lot of similarity in functionality between the M-30 and the M-308. They are both cool-cool mixers, but my hands-on experience is with the 308 and so I think its cool-cool-cool. Lots of features packed into that frame...the 308 is surpsingly full of 5532 opamps which are arguably a step up from the more commonly used 072, and I believe the M-30 uses 386's and 4558's, BUT...(blahblahblah)

Here's the big question: are you at all unhappy with the M-30? Remember, its cool-cool...I'd say stay with what you have unless the 308 has a feature/features that you need or want that is/are lacking on the M-30, or if you know you like how the 308 sounds better than the M-30. Make sense?

My 2p.

I'll take this all as "Not a big enough deal to consider buying it."

Besides, I've got a $1,000 gear wishlist right now, so I shouldn't get distracted and buy stuff that I don't need :)

Oh, yeah, and didn't I just shell out nearly a grand on a new tape deck + accessories?? :p

And for the record, I LOVE my M-30!

Sweet beats is right, make sure it's healthy. If it is, I would jump all over it/ I've had my M312 for 5 years now and paid about $400 at the time, but it was super clean. Also, you can get stand alone phantom power units if it's not a "b."

And for the record, I LOVE my M-30!

That's the key operative statement right there. If it is functionally working for you and you are happy with the sound I'd keep what you have. Its a big deal having familiarity with your gear.

Back