A TASCAM Chorus Flanger?

Amazingly, yes! :)

Apparently they made one for the Japan marketplace back around the same era as when they made a 4 channel noise gate!

This one was called the CF-20 and was a rack mountable 2 channel unit that followed the same cosmetic lines as the rest of their "system Enhancement" series products.

I discovered this piece from doing an image search for TASCAM gear as I'm always looking for new things to add to my wallpaper thread.

For now, all I've found is a few smaller pictures of it and will probably attempt a full mock up render later on.

View attachment 86986

Anyone got one of these beasts? If so, please tell us more about it and of course post some pics please!!!

Cheers! :)

Yeah!

I'd like to have one of these CF-20's and a GA-40, too!
Would round out my stack of stuff nicely.
:spank::eek:;)

Attachments

• Tascam GA-40.jpg
    Tascam GA-40.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 108
Did Tascam make any compressors???...

None that I'm aware of. But considering their arch rival of the day, Fostex, who did offer up their 3070 dual channel comp, there may well be a hidden TASCAM model out there too! :)

Or, they may have had a no compete clause with dbx in order to use their NR technology in so many of their recorders.

Me too! I just finished building a custom desk for my 388(pics soon) and would just love to load it with a bunch of Tascam rack gear.I only have a PE40 and GE20 and a couple cassette decks

I've been looking for pics of the GE-20B to add to the wallpaper thread!!!

Care to help out with a nice head on shot? Pretty please! :D

I have the GE-20 with the VU meter on it and the GE-20B that doesn't have a VU meter.
:spank::eek:;)

Attachments

• IM004306.JPG
    IM004306.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 37
Cool, Dave!

Do you think you could take one that is more head on, meaning just the face is showing of it and post the full sized file? I need a larger image to work with to yield a clean result. Also, if possible, take the shot from about 6 to 8 feet back and zoom in a bit as that will create less lens distortion then the wide angle, close in warped kind of look.

Sorry to be so fussy! :D

Back