Tascam Boards Are Out Of Action

It was either when I called that guy a "whiny little prick",...

or when Herm came in touting FOSTEX! Haha!

Hey, with credit to Herm, I think he's coming around to TASCAM, slowly but surely. Got himself a 388 & 38 within two weeks time, & that ain't too shabby!;)

Doggone it reelperson, I knew you caused it:D Ha! Hey, are you LTU overthere? Or am is my alzheimers getting worse? If you are, damn I loved those pics you posted.
If not, sorry:rolleyes:
fitz

Yeah, LTU. that's me, alright. Thanx for the comps.

Anyway, who else is gonna pop off & call someone a 'whiny little prick' on Tascambbs?
If not me, then who?:D :D ;)

OK, thats cool. Yea, your pics brought back a lot of memories. I went through similar stuff. I was in redondo beach at the same time your LA stuff was happening. Built a music store there in 81'. Met a lot of people. Mostly con artists, but a few real artists:D Man was there some "out there" musicians too! Real goofballs. Well, enough bla bla. Ha! My new home loan went through a trauma, so all I can do at the moment is sit here and talk. Bla bla bla bla!
fitZ

'whiny little prick" huh?

Ha! Did you really! :D I didn't catch that on the bbs. To who? Hmmm, I'll have to read it when its back on.
And about comin back to tascam. You mean someone leaves?:D I LOVE my tascam gear. Show me a price point comparison and you have fostex. Never owned one so I can't comment. I hear their great machines.
AND, have you seen the price of analog stuff. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Well I have to say. When new, the Tascam stuff was out of my reach, and now that I've collected enough of it to recognize what I have, even if it is as some say, "obsolete technology". For me, I dreamed of owning Tascam stuff, when I couldn't afford it, so I'm just enjoying the dream. I LOVE MY TASCAM ANALOG STUFF. Nuff said.
Cheers,
fitz :)

By the way, IF this damn loan closes, I'll be posting a bunch of stuff over at the building forum. Most of it dedicated to installing all the custom fixture stuff for the mixer and the transports. I think you might be interested. I'll post some here just to let you know. I still have to configure my hosting space for pics. Someone said I could attach a file for pics, but CAD drawings are too big, hence hosting space. But for the moment, untill my escrow closes, EVERYTHING is on hold. Hence, bla bla bla.....

We interupt this posting for late breaking news!!!

.............NEWS FLASH.........(wife yelling in background..........YEAAAAAAAAAAA!!

IT"S OURS! IT'S OURS!! really? REALLY YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!

naw? REALLLLLLLY?

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! IT"S REALLY OURS ........(faint)

:D :D :D :D :D
Can I take a big breath!!!! fuck, if you read my last post today over at the studio building forum(SB), you'll see why. It's been a home buying last minute loan underwriters bankruptcy fucking nightmare today, and I just got my new loan through. I sign in 2 days. Cool. Lets get on with it.

OK, where was I. Oh, yea, STUDIO FIXTURES BUILT FOR TASCAM and pics of the stuff I have built over the years.
For those of you who are interested. I designed and built the console and machine rack/enclosures for my TASCAMS. The 10' console was originally designed for a couple of M312B( plus other gear.) I posted the section and elevation drawings on the SB forum last year. It housed a Studiomaster 20/8/2. This year you will see how I modify it for a M3700(at least thats the plan):D I'll post the new plans as soon as I purchase the mixer, and measure everything.
The console is quite easily modified, as it is modular STEEL frames, with laminate panels and leather wrist pads on expandable steel frame sub assemblies. Hardwood endcaps and 6''x9" rectangular Steel legs that double as cable troughs. The legs die into the floor framing to allow the cables to enter the floor troughs/chases. These go to the transport houseing fixture at the rear of the room.
These troughs, under the flooring, terminate up into a transport rackmount housing There is another steel frame welded to support 4 full size reel to reel machines, and other gear under them. This will support the two msr-16's, one 42b, and my 7 1/2" trusty ole 2300. Love that ole machine. My first semi pro deck. Tore it down and went through everything on it last year. Runs great.
Well, sorry for the rant. I was an emotional basket case today. Its over. Thank god.
fitZ

:eek: :)

FM=fontmeister huh? Doggon, that does it. I've got to set up a name translator. :D
The old memory can't handle it anymore. Guess I need more ram.
Ha! Pumpaloaf! LMFAO!
fitZ

Rick,

Sorry for the cryptic name!:)

I just thought if I did a few strategic posts, you guys would figure it out after a while but, then again...........

Nice to see all you guys here and A Reel Person, there is a special message waiting for you back on the tascam bbs, if it ever gets back up???

Cheers! :)

I am (Was??) a super ultra newbie over at the Tascam BBS(Analog) and really couldn't contribute anything new or interesting (I tried) because I don't really know ANYTHING, but man, when I needed the low down on my 38 (And related topics) it was (Is) simply the best!
Plus it has a certain family feeling.... Adams family! :)

I like this site as well... Lots to learn about and lord do I need it!

Back