tascam blues

paulover

Hi there,

I have a Tascam 414 mk11 4 track and its recently developed a problem. Although i can record things on to track 4 i can hear no play back from track 4 at all. Does anybody know what the problem is and how to resolve it?

Thanks
Paul

Either,...

the head is dirty, & it needs to be thoroughly cleaned, or the record amp level has diminished, & needs to be recalibrated,... which is a service issue.

/DA ;)

A Reel Person said:
the head is dirty, & it needs to be thoroughly cleaned, or the record amp level has diminished, & needs to be recalibrated,... which is a service issue.

/DA ;)

Is that all you can come up with. Dave? How about AFTER cleaning the heads, check the heads under high magnification and see if there is heavy wear? How about check to see if the wear is uneven in the center and if the tape is centered all along the path? How about wear on the guides?

You really have the balls to tell people to clean the heads, and clean again over and over...... When do you quit?

You know, heads have a definite lifetime until they either have to be re-lapped or re-placed. You are a numbnut thinking that electronics are that unreliable. Re-calibration is quite rare in the home recording world and never causes tracks to be "missing"

Go learn something dwad.

Back