Tascam ATR 80-24

witzendoz

This is for sale in Oz, LINK

I would really love to have it, but common sense says no, before you wonder about the price, comes with Dolby SR, Tascam Midiizer, Tascam IF-1000, MRL Reproducer Alignment Tapes, and many other things.

I have no connection to the sale, thought you may be interested in seeing it. I just cannot afford to go back to analog in this way, still have a Tascam MSR16S (actually 2) sitting under the stairs that never gets used. Would have been big on my wish list 20 years ago.

Plus it's 3500 Klm (2200 miles) away LOL.

Alan.

OMFG........like you, that is something I would love to have BUT can't justify.

My 1" ATR60 16 track doesn't get used enough, mainly due to not getting time to record these days :mad:

:cool:

There’s an ATR80-24 on reverb in beautiful condition here in the states in Detroit, Michigan. There is an issue with the mains cable panel...and no power cable. So operating condition unknown, but I know the seller.

$2,000USD

The ATR80 series was a top notch transport and system.

The ATR-80/24 was a great analog deck. The first Traveling Wilburys album was done on a 80/24 and mixed on a Tascam 1/2" 2 track ATR 60-2. Jeff Lynne wanted it painted black and Ampex labels put on it,he liked it that much.Tori Amos "Under the Pink" was also recorded on a ATR 80-24. Involved with both projects.

The ATR-80/24 was a great analog deck. The first Traveling Wilburys album was done on a 80/24 and mixed on a Tascam 1/2" 2 track ATR 60-2. Jeff Lynne wanted it painted black and Ampex labels put on it,he liked it that much.Tori Amos "Under the Pink" was also recorded on a ATR 80-24. Involved with both projects.

Cool. Have a lot of respect for both those projects/artists.

I also have a friend who is a bonafide Ampex expert with multiple machine types...successful business operating some of those machines around the clock for weeks at a time. He said if it weren’t for clients stereotyping Tascam, he would use the ATR80 transport for all his 2” work.

Nice package but price is on the high side. A good looking Otari MTR90 (16 track heads but has all electronics for 24 tracks) went for $2500AUD in Brisbane the other day. The smaller format analog decks seem to be going up every year and the large format stuff seems to be going down.

As I said the price does look high, then I had a look at the extras, Dolby SR, Midiizer, ete, etc. But yes does look a little high.

To the US people don't forget it's in AU$ so bids start at US$ 3240.

Alan.

Back